External Memory Algorithms and Data Structures

Jeff Vitter Jeff.Vitter at sophia.inria.fr
Thu Feb 25 09:00:59 PST 1999

My updated survey "External Memory Algorithms and Data Structures"
is now available on the web.  It will appear as one of the
chapters in the book on External Memory Algorithms, co-edited
with James Abello and published by AMS in the DIMACS series in
Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science.

The survey article is available at either of the following two URLs:

  http://www.cs.duke.edu/~jsv/Papers/Vit98.IO_survey.ps.gz.
  http://www.cs.duke.edu/~jsv/Papers/Vit98.IO_survey.pdf

If you got an earlier message recently, I apologize
for the bother.  The article was just finalized yesterday,
so the version I mentioned earlier has been modified.
If you've already downloaded it, you may want to re-download it.

I'm currently putting together a joint manuscript with Lars Arge
on the subject of external memory algorithms and data structures,
which we hope to have done in a year, so more later!
  -- Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Vitter
Lehrman Professor and Chair    Email: jsv at cs.duke.edu
Department of Computer Science Phone: (919) 660-6548
Duke University, Box 90129     FAX:   (919) 660-6502
Durham, N.C. 27708-0129        Web:   http://www.cs.duke.edu/~jsv/

Jusqu'à fin juin 1999:

Jeffrey S. VITTER
Projet PRISME                  Phone: +33 4.92.38.77.49
I.N.R.I.A. Sophia Antipolis    Secr:  +33 4.92.38.77.38  (Agnès)
2004, route des Lucioles       FAX:   +33 4.92.38.76.43
B. P. 93                       Email: Jeff.Vitter at sophia.inria.fr
06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex   Web:   http://www.cs.duke.edu/~jsv/
FRANCE