11th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry, Aug 15-18

Jack Snoeyink snoeyink at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Jun 25 09:50:49 PDT 1999

 Eleventh Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry
   University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
                August 15-18, 1999
       http://www.cs.ubc.ca/conferences/CCCG
             housing deadline July 15

The Eleventh Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG '99)
will be held at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada,
August 15-18, 1999, immediately following the Workshop on Algorithms and
Data Structures (WADS'99)

We have a programme of 45 submitted presentations plus invited lectures on
geometry, robotics, and molecular modeling by Victor Klee (mathematics,
Univ of Washington), Dinesh Pai (computer science, UBC) and Susanne Fortier
(chemistry, Queens Univ.)  See http://www.cs.ubc.ca/conferences/CCCG

Registration fees 100 CN$, or 40 CN$ for students, include proceedings,
welcome reception, and salmon barbeque in the UBC Botanical Gardens.
Registration will occur on site, although we do ask that you inform us of
your plans so that we can prepare badges, receipts, and estimate food.
Please use the form on the web, or send an email <efong at cs.ubc.ca> with
your name, affiliation (for badge), and address. Tickets for Bard on the
Beach performances may also be requested.
Aug 16: Vancouver Symphony Orchestra + the Bard company (25 CN$)
Aug 18: (23.50 CN$) Midsummer Night's Dream
        (18 CN$) Measure for Measure

We hope that you will join us.

    o                           	Jack
  _/\_.                         	snoeyink at cs.ubc.ca
(')>-(`)                        	http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/snoeyink/
CCCG focuses on the mathematics of discrete geometry from a computational
point of view. Abstracting and studying the geometry problems that underly
important applications of computing (such as geographic information systems,
computer-aided design, simulation, robotics, solid modeling, databases, and
graphics) leads not only to new mathematical results, but also to
improvements in these applications.

Despite its international following, CCCG maintains the informality of
a smaller workshop and attracts a large number of students. (Low
registration fees and possibility of dorm accomodations also help.)