Looking for 3D of ND alpha-hull code.

Dickinson, John John.Dickinson at nrc.ca
Mon Oct 4 16:03:09 PDT 1999

Dear All,

Anyone know of a good open code implementation of weighted alpha-hulls for
3D point clouds?  Or even just an alpha-hull generating algorithm for 3D
point clouds?  I would like to avoid rebuilding the wheel.

I have located the work on alpha shapes at:
http://fiaker.ncsa.uiuc.edu/alpha  but the web site is inaccessible

There is also one algorithm implementation at
http://www.netlib.org/voronoi/index.html

but this code doesn't do weight alpha-hulls and I always try to find out if
other code samples exist before settling on one previos implementation.

John
--
-((Insert standard disclaimer here))-|--- Washington Irving (1783-1859)-
John Kenneth Dickinson               |   "A sharp tongue is the only