Postdoc at MPI for Computer Science - Algorithms Group

Peter Sanders sanders at mpi-sb.mpg.de
Wed Oct 27 11:09:52 PDT 1999

                   P O S T - D O C T O R A L

                      F E L L O W S H I P S

                             at the

              M A X - P L A N C K - I N S T I T U T E

                              for

                   C O M P U T E R   S C I E N C E

The Max-Planck-Institute for Computer Science is located on the
campus of the Universit"at des Saarlandes in Saarbr"ucken, Germany.
The institute was founded in 1990 and consists, at present, of
four research units: Algorithms and Complexity, Logic of
Programming, Hybrid Systems and Computer Graphics.

The research group ALGORITHMS AND COMPLEXITY offers a number of
postdoctoral fellowships for the year 2000/2001. Fellowships are
available for one or two years and amount to DM 3,600 per month tax
free (approximately 1840 Euro or 2000 US$). There is generous travel
support available and the group collaborates with several of the major
research institutions in Europe and USA.

The interests of the research group members includes data structures,
graph and network algorithms, computational geometry, parallel and
external algorithms, computational complexity, combinatorial
optimization, graph drawing, on-line algorithms, randomized
algorithms, computational biology and implementation of algorithms and
program libraries. The group consists mainly of young researchers of
several nationalities. The working language is English. The
postdoctoral fellows are expected to interact with group members and
are encouraged to initiate research in their individual areas of
specialization. More information is available on WWW at
http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de

Applications (including curriculum vitae, list of publications,
research plan, names of references with their e-mail addresses, and
intended period of stay) should be sent by January 31, 2000 to Peter Sanders.

Further information can also be obtained from Peter Sanders
(sanders at mpi-sb.mpg.de).

Max-Planck-Institut f"ur Informatik
Im Stadtwald
D-66123 Saarbr"ucken