postdoc position

Remco Veltkamp Remco.Veltkamp at cs.uu.nl
Wed Oct 11 12:04:59 PDT 2000

At Utrecht University, in the Applied Algorithms group (headed by
Mark Overmars) we have available a

                     postdoc position for 4 years

The goal of the work is to construct a C++ library for shape matching
and to do experimental research with it. To this end we want to implement
a number of existing shape matching algorithms and, more interesting, work
on extending existing algorithms and designing new ones for larger classes
of shape matching, and evaluate the performance of these algorithms. This
work is part of a larger project on shape matching: SHAME - Shape Matching
Environment, on which a PhD student and two postdocs are working together.
The library will be developed on top of the Computational Geometry
Algorithms Library, CGAL, see http://www.cs.uu.nl/CGAL.

The project is part of our larger initiative on shape matching and
applications in shape-based image database retrieval, the group consists
of 9 persons. See also http://www.cs.uu.nl/groups/AA/shape/.

If you are interested, please contact me (Remco.Veltkamp at cs.uu.nl).
I am happy to provide more details about the project, and to answer
questions about working conditions etc.

Remco Veltkamp

Remco Veltkamp                  | email: Remco.Veltkamp at cs.uu.nl
                                | phone: +31-30-2534091
Dept. Computing Science         | fax:   +31-30-2513791
Utrecht University              |
Padualaan 14                    | P.O. Box 80089
3584 CH Utrecht                 | 3508 TB Utrecht
The Netherlands                 | The Netherlands