Postdoc at MPI for Computer Science - Algorithms Group

Peter Sanders sanders at mpi-sb.mpg.de
Tue Dec 11 17:11:37 PST 2001

                  P O S T D O C   P O S I T I O N S

                             at the

              M A X - P L A N C K - I N S T I T U T E

                              for

                   C O M P U T E R   S C I E N C E

The Max-Planck-Institute for Computer Science is located on the campus
of the Universit"at des Saarlandes in Saarbr"ucken, Germany.  The
institute was founded in 1990 and consists of three research units:
Algorithms and Complexity, Logic of Programming, Bioinformatics, and
Computer Graphics.

The research group ALGORITHMS AND COMPLEXITY offers a number of
postdoctoral fellowships and research associate positions for the year
2002/2003.

We are looking for applicants from all areas of algorithmics, e.g.,
data structures, complexity theory, graph algorithms, approximation
algorithms, parallel, distributed, external, online, probabilistic or
geometric algorithms, integer programming and constraint programming,
and design and implementation of algorithm libraries.

The group consists mainly of young researchers of several
nationalities. Our working language is English.  The group
collaborates with several of the major research institutions in Europe
and USA and has a high international visibility.  There is generous
travel support available for all group members.

Applications (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, URLs
of two selected publications (or postscript or hardcopy) research
plan, names of references with their e-mail addresses, and intended
period of stay) should be sent by February 8, 2002 to

Petra Mayer
Max-Planck-Institut f"ur Informatik
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 85
66123 Saarbr"ucken
Germany

Electronic applications (email to mayer at mpi-sb.mpg.de) are possible
but should consist of files easy to process on Unix systems (e.g.,
Postscript produced by dvips, pdf, ASCII, HTML). Please avoid MS Word
documents or unprintable Postscript.

For further information refer to
http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/units/ag1/offers.html
or contact Peter Sanders