convexity for discrete set of points...

aupetit Michael.Aupetit at site-eerie.ema.fr
Thu Feb 8 10:32:36 PST 2001

Hello,

I'm a PhD student from France. I'd like to know if it exists a
"correct" name for the following property:

considering a set S of a finite number N of points in R^d and
an indicator value 0 or 1 associated to them which indicates
if the points are part or not of a particular set X. (X subset of S)

If any point of X is inside the convex hull of X,
then I would like to say that X is "convex".

And if it exists at least one point in S which is not in X but
which is in the convex hull of X, I would like to say that
X is not "convex".

I'm not sure I can use the term "convex" for that property.
Does it already exist a well suited term for that?

Thank you for your help

Michael Aupetit

0 0 0 0 0         0 0 0 0 0
0 1 1 1 0         0 1 1 1 0