mathematical swirls, spirals

Dickinson, John John.Dickinson at nrc.ca
Wed Apr 3 09:15:52 PST 2002

I am looking for mathematical equations for what would be outward growing
spiral in 2D but for N-dimensional spaces.  So in 3D space the equations
would have to make a path through 3D space that expands outward while being
fairly evenly distributed near a growing bounding sphere's surface.  I need
the same for ND spaces as well.

Failing this, is there a equation for a spiral like path that evenly winds
itself over an ND hypersphere's surface of a specified diameter without
repeating any point?

John

---((Insert standard disclaimer here))-|---  Ray's Rule for Precision ----
John Kenneth Dickinson, Ph.D.        |   "Measure with micrometer;
Research Council Officer  IMTI-NRC   |    Mark with chalk;
email: john.dickinson at nrc.ca         |    Cut with axe."