intersection of triangulated surfaces

Michael Aftosmis aftosmis at nas.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 7 11:15:32 PST 2002

NASA's "Intersect" code will intersect any number of triangulated
surfaces
provided that each of the surfaces is both closed and manifold
(the code intersects simplicial polytopes and trims away interior
geometry).
see:
http://www.nas.nasa.gov/~aftosmis/cart3d/surfaceModeling.html#AuxProgs
(and skim down 1 paragraph to "intersect").

The code uses robust arithmatic and automatic tie-breaking for
degeneracies.

A good first reference for this code is AIAA Paper 97-0196: "Robust
and Efficient Cartesian Mesh Generation for Component-Based Geometry"
which is downloadable from
http://www.nas.nasa.gov/~aftosmis/publications/publications.html

-Michael