estimate of the volume of a convex body?

Gabriel Zachmann zach at cs.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jul 25 23:01:05 PDT 2002

As the subject says, I am looking for an estimate of the volume of a
convex body given by

    A * x <= b

where A is an mx3 matrix and b is in R^m.

The goal is a *simple* to compute estimation (but not too bad estimate).

I am looking for something simpler and more efficient than converting
to vertex enumeration.

I was thinking of an approximate maximal inscribed ellipsoid,
but it seems this is even more complicated ;-)

Any ideas, hints, or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Gabriel.

--
| Unix is user-friendly  --                                           |
| it is just a bit selective about who it makes friends with.         |