Outer Offset Polygons

Bradford Cox honestcox at excite.com
Mon Sep 9 16:29:43 PDT 2002

 Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for creating an outer offset polygon from a given set of points that might form a simple, convex or non-convex polygon? The points and offset distance will be known. I guess the real problem I face is for non-convex polygons which may have sides that run into each other as the polygon grows. I recently did a posting for inner offsets and have since solved that problem (for the most part) by using straight skeletons.  Any suggestions/advice will be appreciated. Thanks! Bradford Cox