Faculty Position at Duke University Computer Science

Faculty Search Committee facsearch at cs.duke.edu
Thu Jan 9 16:49:51 PST 2003

Duke University
Department of Computer Science
Theory/Algorithms Faculty Position

We invite applications and nominations for a tenure-track or tenured
faculty position at any rank in the Department of Computer Science at
Duke University, to start September 2003. Preference will be given to
applicants in the area of theory of computer science and algorithms.

We continue to build upon an already strong, highly collaborative group
in theory/algorithms.  We are broadly interested in all areas, including
but not exhausting bio-informatics, complexity theory, cryptography,
combinatorial algorithms, external memory algorithms, distributed
algorithms, data structures, mesh generation and geometric modeling.

This faculty hire will be in a position to help guide and influence the
continued expansion of our vibrant and growing Department.  For more
information about the faculty, facilities and other resources, please
refer to www.cs.duke.edu.

Applications should be submitted online at
http://www.cs.duke.edu/csnews/facsearch.  Applications should include a
curriculum vitae and copies up to four of the most important
publications. A Ph.D. in computer science or related area is required.
Applicants should arrange for at least four letters of reference to be
sent directly to the Faculty Search Chair. To guarantee full
consideration, applications and letters of reference should be received
no later than January 15, 2003.

Duke University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.