SMI&SM04 - Int. School - CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Franca Giannini giannini at ima.ge.cnr.it
Fri Apr 2 11:10:26 PST 2004

SORRY FOR DUPLICATES

         C A L L    FOR    P A R T I C I P A T I O N

                                SMI & SM '04
       International Convention on Shapes and Solids
			Genova, ITALY, June 6-12, 2004

 					+
International Summer School on Computational Methods
              for Shape Modeling and Analysis

               	   	Genova, ITALY, June 14-18, 2004

PROGRAMME now AVAILABLE
http://smism04.ge.imati.cnr.it

DEAR COLLEAGUES:

The Shape Modeling International Conference (SMI) and the ACM Symposium on
Solid Modeling and Applications (SM) are two of the most important annual
events that deal with the theoretical and algorithmic foundations for
modeling and visualizing real or virtual shapes in a variety of
manufacturing, engineering, biomedical scientific or entertainment
applications. To stimulate the interaction between these two communities,
the two events have been scheduled one after the other in 2004, as part of
the Convention on Shapes and Solids (SMI&SM04) which will be held in Genova,
Italy.

The symposium will be followed by the International School on Computational
Methods for Shape Modeling and Analysis.
It is meant for PhD, PostDoc or researchers with either a computer science,
informatics or mathematics background, and prior knowledge of geometric
modeling techniques. It will focus on different aspects of shape modeling,
processing and analysis, and the final programme will include training on the
most up-to-date topics of the field.

Convention and school program/schedules can be found at:
http://smism04.ge.imati.cnr.it

LOCATION OF THE CONVENTION:

The Convention will be located in the beautiful Palazzo Ducale, the main
ancient seat of power of the Republic of Genova and the Doge's residence.
The Sala del Maggior Consiglio will provide a wonderful background for the
SMI&SM04 events.
The SMI&SM04 reception will be organized in the Acquarium of Genova, and
will include a guided tour of the Acquarium and a dinner in the Dolphin and
Shark Halls.

Views of the location are available at:
http://smism04.ge.imati.cnr.it/location.html

Please, note that Genova will be the European capital of Culture for the
year 2004 and the programme organized for this reason is very dense of
events.  Therefore, we strongly reccommend to proceed with hotel booking
as soon as  possible.A limited number of rooms are available and guaranteed
until April 30!

LOCATION OF THE SCHOOL:

Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche - Area della Ricerca
via De Marini, 6 - 16149 Genova - Italy
http://www.ge.cnr.it/Area/inglese/Area/informazioni/sede.htm

REGISTRATION:

Reduced registration fees are available until April 30.
Please note that the convention and the school require two different
registrations. Instructions at:
	http://smism04.ge.imati.cnr.it/registration.html (for the convention)
	http://smism04.ge.imati.cnr.it/intro_school.html (for the school)

CHAIRS AND CONTACTS: