Disconnected graphs

Dickinson, John john.dickinson at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Aug 17 14:56:59 PDT 2004

I am looking for an algorithm or literature (journal paper, web-page,
etc...) on efficiently processing non-directed graphs to find out if they
are connected and if not, break them into their connected components.
Essentially I have a graph structure with edges between nodes and I need to
quickly identify if it is connected and extract disconnected regions.

I am sure this has been done before and I didn't want to re-invent the
wheel.

Thank-you for any assistance you might be able to lend.
John

---
John Kenneth Dickinson, Ph.D., Research Engineer, john.dickinson at nrc.gc.ca
Integrated Manufacturing Technologies Institute, National Research Council
Canada
800 Collip Circle, London, ON, Canada, N6G-4X8, ph: +1(519)430-7123 fx:-7064
=== Danish Proverb ===
"Life is not holding a good hand; Life is playing a poor hand well."