ACM Workshop on General Purpose Computing using GPUs: Call for Posters

Dinesh Manocha dm at cs.unc.edu
Fri May 14 11:56:20 PDT 2004

  One of the categories of this CFP is "geometric algorithms on graphics
processors".

Dinesh

=================================================================================================================
ACM Workshop on General Purpose Computing using GPUs
         http://www.cs.unc.edu/GP2

         CALL FOR POSTERS

         Posters Submission Due: Tuesday, June 1, 2004
         Notification to Authors: Tuesday, June 8, 2004
         Final Web Version Due: Wednesday, June 30, 2004

         We invite poster submissions on topics related to general-purpose
computing
         using graphics hardware. The topics include, but are not limited to

           * Scientific computation on GPUs
           * Geometric computing using GPUs
           * Signal/data processing on GPUs
           * Hardware accelerated database queries & operations
           * Parallel computing on GPUs
           * Programming language and compiler support for GPUs
           * Software environments for computing on GPUs
           * Data parallel & streaming architectures
           * Other novel uses of GPUs.

         We particularly encourage student submissions and will award a
prize for
         the best student poster. Posters will be reviewed by members of the
         conference committee based on originality, quality and relevance.

         We plan to schedule one or more sessions during the conference
when poster
         authors will be available for presentations and discussions. The
poster
         authors can also present live demonstrations and/or videos on
their laptop
         computers during that time. The accepted posters will be made
available via
         the conference web site.

         Submission

         Poster proposals should be one page long each and submitted as a PDF
         document to: <mailto:gp2 at cs.unc.edu>gp2 at cs.unc.edu by 11:59pm PST
on June
         1, 2004. If you wish to include additional images or videos as a
part of
         your submission, please post them at a web site and clearly
specify the URL
         location on your submission. The length of the video should not
exceed five
         minutes.

Dinesh Manocha
Personal WWW: http://www.cs.unc.edu/~dm