[Compgeom-discuss] help.

Monique Teillaud Monique.Teillaud at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Jul 18 13:11:08 PDT 2006

Hi,

Sorry for my late answer...

There are fully dynamic 3D regular triangulations in CGAL (also known as
weighted Delaunay triangulations).

The class CGAL::Regular_triangulation_3 is templated by a "traits class"
parameter, where you can provide your own basic objects and predicates,
so, you should be able to give your own distance through the power_test
predicate. However, the algorithms implicitely assume that the distance
function 'looks like' the weighted Euclidean distance in R^3. I am not
sure this is what you mean by "any distance function"...

Have a look at
www.cgal.org
manual (online or ps or pdf)
Chapter 3D triangulations